Music To Melt Away The Miles And Bring On The Smiles

0 Comments
Going back to my earlier post on motivation, one of the key elements for me in ensuring I stay focussed during my solo training are my playlists. Music is a great motivator and gives you a boost when those legs start to ache and your breathing gets harder.

I have many different ones and I categorise them due to time length to correspond with the distances I train for 5K, 10K, Half Marathon and Marathon training. This makes them easy to upload and crack on.

Playlists change and morph and can depend on your sporting activity or a particular time in your life, some tracks will always remain a “power song” and help pull you through that I can’t go on anymore (as my mum always told me, there is no such word as cant!) I have had some songs that have been in my iPod for years.

Old Favourites
·         Beggin – Madcon
·         Seven Nation Army - The White Stripes
·         Get Lucky – Daft Punk
·         Happy – Pharrell Williams
·         Dog Days Are Over – Florence and the Machine

New Additions
·         Blame – Calvin Harris feat. John Newman
·         Living for Love – Madonna
·         Sugar – Maroon 5
·         Uptown Funk – Mark Ronson Ft. Bruno Mars

Power Songs
·         Eye of the Tiger – Survivor
·         Watercolour – Pendulum
·         Waiting All Night – (Ft. Ella Eyre)


The notion of a power song is an interesting one, for me, it’s that track that gives you goosebumps and can act as an energy injection when you need it the most, a bit like a mental carbo gel!  

What’s your favourite tracks to keep you going and make you push harder to complete your training?




You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.