Cooking up a storm

2 Comments
Sat during in a lull during the office activities and started thinking about tonight’s Pampered Chef party that I am going to. I love cooking, baking has got to be my favourite but all types of cooking bring me joy. I got into the Pampered Chef products through Mel who just told me how “awesome” they were, ever the sceptic the proof had to be through experimenting. I held my own party earlier this year and proceeded to purchase enough stuff, along with my fellow party attendees to fill half a dozen boxes that filled floor to ceiling in the cottage. I was asked, “how much stuff did you buy?!” before reassuring a rather worried Dave that I had received everyone’s orders and not just my own!

Since then I haven’t looked back, OK, so the products are not cheap but Oh My Goodness are they life changing! My current favorite is using some of the classic stoneware in particularly the medium round stone. It’s so versatile, can use it for so many items, roast potatoes and pizza are the obvious choice but my favorite use of it is to create the below recipe. I have modified it to use cooked chicken and I have also used bacon and/or ham to add a contrast. I have found adding slightly more mayo and Dijon mustard and omitting the celery is a clear winner. Served with a green salad (mixed leaves, rocket, fresh coriander, pumpkin seeds, olives, cucumber, spring onion combined with the juice of a fresh lime) really sets it off.




I wonder what I will end up purchasing tonight…? I somehow expect that there will be a direct correlation to how much sauvignon blanc is consumed at the same time. 


You may also like

2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to sampling your creations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I will make sure you are next in line for sampling it!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.